Trying to keep the kids off the screens and not nagging for junk food can be difficult during the school holidays! Let us help you keep the kids occupied with our Healthy Holidays Guide, full of fun activities that will discretely help them to eat more fruit and vegies and be more active these school holidays! We even have some discounts exclusively for Cancer Council Healthy Lunch Box supporters!
School holiday essentials
Pre-planning holiday activities is key!
Step 1: Download the school holiday activities calendar template.
Step 2: Get your kids involved in planning their own calendar. Browse the fun activities below and choose what you and your family would like to do and where they fit on the calendar.
Step 3: Bring on the holidays and have fun!
For inspiration check out the activities we have planned for our school holidays!
🍕 Get creative in the kitchen!
Pop your chef hat on and start creating in the kitchen! Try some of these fun food activities over the holidays.
- Find a snack you would like to try – bonus points if you make it and share with your friends and family!
- Make a ‘pizza face’ – check out our easy pizza recipe and make your own ‘Pizza Face‘.
- Create your own toastie – see our ideas for inspiration.
- Build your own lunch box – get inspired and make a delicious lunch box.
✂ Get crafty!
Have some delicious fun with these activities.
- Plan a movie night – check out our easy steps on how to make your own personalised movie tray and fill with delicious snacks!
- Create your own cafe – design a menu, choose some recipes and make a meal for your family.
- Get some colour into your life – download and complete our ‘Fantastic fruits‘ and ‘Veg-licious vegies‘ colouring-in templates.
- Build your own SunSmart sun catcher – and play the game with your friends and family.
🏃♀️ Get moving
Plan some fun activities to keep moving throughout the holidays!
- Show off your dance moves – try these fun fruit and vegie inspired GoNoodle dances: ‘Peanut Butter in a Cup’, ‘Guacamole’ and our favourite ‘Banana Banana Meatball’.
- Be a rubbish warrior – go for a walk and help the environment by picking up rubbish. Remember to wear a SunSmart hat, grab some gloves and take a bag! For more info see: CleanUp Australia.
- Need some quiet time? Check out ‘Cosmic Yoga’ or ‘The Karma Class’.
If you are going outside, download our free SunSmart App to find out when sun protection is required in your location!
A special gift just for you!
No matter the season, it’s still important to be SunSmart. Refresh your SunSmart essentials and take advantage of an exclusive discount code for you. Visit any Cancer Council store in NSW and mention the promo code CCWINTER21 for 20% off your next pair of sunglasses.
Terms and conditions: Not available in conjunction with any other offer. Coupon valid for 1 transaction, 1 pair. Valid until 31 July 2021.
Subscribe to receive updates
Want to keep up to date with the latest info to help you and your family eat healthily? Subscribe to our e-newsletters and each term you will receive our new recipes, blogs and more!