Getting kids involved in selecting – from healthy choices – what they would like to eat at school means they are more likely to eat what’s packed in the lunch box.
- Use our lunch box builder with your child to plan a healthy lunch box. Kids can choose from the pictures in each of the food groups.
- Plan for the week ahead using our lunch box planner [PDF].
- Take your child shopping to choose fruit and veg items – let them see, smell and feel the produce with you.
- Ask kids what they like about friends’ lunches and include healthy items they nominate.
- Introduce new foods at home with your child first before packing in the lunch box.
- Consider a special treat, such as a weekend trip to the park, in return for eating what’s packed in the lunch box through the week.