Teriyaki salmon noodle stir fry *Mighty Meals exclusive*
250g dried soba noodles
1 tbsp olive oil
4 x 100g skinless salmon fillets
20g fresh ginger, finely grated
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
300g fresh Asian vegetables stir fry mix
⅓ cup teriyaki sauce
1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
Cook the noodles following packet instructions. Reserve ½ cup cooking liquid in a bowl. Drain noodles and set aside.
Meanwhile, heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large deep-sided frypan or wok over medium-high heat. Cook the salmon for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Flake into large pieces and remove any bones.
Add the remaining oil to the same pan and cook ginger and garlic for 1 minute or until fragrant.
Add the vegetable mix and stir fry for 2-3 minutes, or until tender.
Add the noodles, teriyaki sauce and reserved cooking liquid and stir fry for 2 minutes or until noodles are coated with sauce.
Add salmon pieces and toss to combine.
Divide among bowls and sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.
- If you don’t have soba noodles you can use ramen or hokkien noodles.
- Instead of salmon, you can use chicken breast or tofu cut into strips.
- To save money use a frozen vegetable stir fry mix instead of fresh.
- Jarred garlic and ginger can be used to save time and money.
- To refrigerate: store stir fry in a suitable container for the next day.
- Leftover ginger can be cut into chunks and frozen for use in another recipe like our Thai chicken meatballs
- Salmon provides Vitamin D. Vitamin D is needed for healthy bones and teeth.
- With vegetables and sesame seeds, this recipe is a good source of fibre.